Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Warning about Limoges Jewelry!

I've learned the hard way and I want to share this with you so you don't get scammed, too.

Several months ago, I ordered a family ring with my kids birth stones in it. I received it and while it looks cheap it still has my babies' birthstones in it so I liked it. That was at least 4 months ago.

Today I try to buy a few things that I needed at the grocery store (I had checked my bank account just before going) and when I checked out it declined my debit card. I called my bank and they tell me that there's a charge from Limoges (listed as MBM-JSP or maybe without the dash) which now has my account frozen. The person from the bank also gave me the phone number (847-375-1332) so I call them.

The first person that I talked to told me that she could have the account canceled, cancel the pending shipment and reverse the charge but it would take 7-10 days. Not that it was her fault, but I'm a single mom who works her butt off and can't wait 7-10 days to get MY money back. So I ask to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor had the tone that I was stupid and that his company hadn't charged my account at all. Funny how the lowly agent says that she can reverse the charges but the supervisor says I haven't been charge. He also says that my bank has no idea what they're talking about (those were his exact words). Before ending the call he says that he will escalate the issue and someone will contact me within 24 hours.

So here I sit with my bank account in the red and VERY low on groceries. I don't need pity or sympathy, I'm just saying.

**Limoges never tells you that you are joining a "jewelry club", they assume you know that and then out of nowhere they start charging your bank account for jewelry that isn't worth a penny.

I'm just trying to warn all of my friends. Pass it on! You won't be sorry!

And if you google it you'll find other people who have been scammed also!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am a Vice President at MBM Company, the parent company of Limoges Jewelry and the Jewelry Savings Plan. It sounds like you're having issues with the Jewelry Savings Plan and I will happily help you get in touch with someone in our office who can help you.
Limoges Jewelry does not run any programs where you sign up and then receive future shipments. However, that's the exact nature of the Jewelry Savings Plan and we do spell it out pretty clearly but, again, it's not our goal to see anyone unhappy so if you can get in touch with me and provide your contact info, I will get you in touch with someone who can help. I'll check this space for your contact info.

Unknown said...

I just called the number on your comment. If they think they make it pretty clear your joining a club, that just isn't true. So I hope to get a refund and hopefully be able to spot this kind of scam again.Thanks for the phone number.